LinkingTop linking and banner queries
How do I create text and image links?
How do I deep link to individual Advertiser products or pages?
Can I place links on other parts of my web site or on another site?
I have a high number of clicks and UV's but no sales, is this normal?
All Linking and Banner Related Queries
- How do I create text and image links?
- How do I deep link to individual Advertiser products or pages?
- How do I copy and paste?
- Error message: "there is no relationship between the site and the advertiser"
- Error message: "Cannot find site id or program id. Please inform the webmaster."
- Advertiser's banners are not displaying?
- When I click on "Show Code" it says 'not found'
- Email Marketing - Can I add tracking links in emails?
- Can I place links on other parts of my web site or on another site?
- Can I put links in chat groups, forums, eBay etc?
- Mouse Over - Can I hide http://tracker.tradedoubler.?
- Do you have Product Feed or Data Feed Functionality?
- I have a high number of clicks and UV's but no sales, is this normal?
- Can I write my own text links?
- How do I add text / banner code using my web authoring software?
Click on "List My Programs" below the search on the main page or navigate to REPORTS >> Your Programs.
- Click on the program you want to add links / banners from.
- In the program settings interface click on the "Links" tab.
- Click on "Graphical elements" (if there are multiple categories click on the banner category that.
- On the Graphical Elements page you may have the option of Text Links, Image Links, and HTML Banners etc. Once you have decided on a link please then click on 'Show Code'.
- A Pop up will appear with the HTML Code. Now all you need to do is copy and paste this code into your Website.
Click on Yes (if available) in the "Deep Links" column and follow the deep linking instructions for the program you have selected.
- Highlight - Position the mouse pointer at the top left of the code. Press down the left mouse button and while holding it down drag the mouse to the bottom right of the text. This should highlight the text to copy.
- Copy - Whilst the mouse pointer is over the highlighted text click the right mouse button and select 'Copy' (or press CTRL-C)
- Paste - Click where you wish the text to be inserted. Press the right mouse button and select 'Paste' (or press CTRL-V)
- If you have multiple sites, are you using the correct site ID? If you obtained the link from the "link matrix" please ensure you selected the site that has the relationship with the advertiser from the drop down menu.
- Please make sure you have applied to the advertisers program and have not been "denied" or put "on hold".
- If you have just applied to the program, please note that it will take 10 minutes before the relationship becomes active. Please remember that not all links will work once you have applied as you need to be accepted for some of the links to work.
- You may be blocking the TradeDoubler cookie. Typically 3rd party applications such as Norton's Internet Security, Zone Alarm, PAL Evidence Eliminator, BT Yahoo Browser or other firewall/privacy protection software cause this. Please contact your software vendor or consult the manual to setup the correct permissions for the TradeDoubler cookie.
- Please make sure you have added the domain www.tradedoubler.com in your browsers safe list. You can do this by opening Explorer and clicking on 'Tools' then 'Internet options' and then adding the domain in the safe list.
- Please ensure you have been "accepted" or are "under consideration" for the advertisers program. Some advertiser banners only work once you have been accepted.
- Have you copied the code exactly as TradeDoubler supplied it? If you have modified the code in any way you can prevent the banner from displaying correctly.
- If you are using a 3rd party editor such as MS Front Page or MX Dreamweaver, please consult their help files about hand coding HTML code. TradeDoubler cannot support 3rd party applications. If the banner is still not displaying please can you copy the entire banner code and paste into the support contact form and send this to TradeDoubler support.
Please also make sure you have added the domain www.tradedoubler.com in your browsers safe list. You can do this by opening Explorer and clicking on 'Tools' then 'Internet options' and then adding the domain in the safe list.
You don't need to register all pages on your site - only the top level domain(s). The system is set up to recognize only traffic referred from those sites that you have registered.
<a href="http://tracker.tradedoubler.com" target="_top" onmouseover="window.status='http://www.the-domain-you-want.com';return true;" onmouseout="window.status=' ';return true;">The Domain You Want</a>
Please refer to the relevant contact details of your web authoring software:
- Dreamweaver (Adobe/Macromedia)
Support page: http://www.adobe.com/support/programs/dreamweaver/
- FrontPage (Microsoft)
Support page: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/supportportal/en-gb
- GoLive (Adobe)
Support page: http://www.adobe.com/support/programs/golive/